Wednesday, June 06, 2007















Mitsuwa Marketplace
When we are in Chicago, one of my favorite places to go is Mitsuwa Marketplace (here), a Japanese shopping center offering groceries, books, and various items from Japan and other Asian countries. Mitsuwa has a food court where an excellent Japanese lunch can be enjoyed for a very reasonable price.
Above you can see Tony's tray with miso soup, tempura, rice, and other items.















Next is my granddaughter Scarlett's favorite, udon (Japanese noodles) with tempura. She can eat the whole bowl of noodles but I think has help with the tempura.

Last is my large bowl of ramen. This is so delicious and very unlike the packages of dried ramen we can always find in our supermarkets. This ramen has a thick rich broth with thinly sliced pork, fresh soft ramen noodles, seaweed, and probably a lot of other ingredients that I don't even know.

I love to visit Mitsuwa!

No comments: