Tuesday, October 24, 2006


Snickerdoodles

Yesterday was cold and cloudy with light snow falling much of the day. I was hungry for something sweet and warm, so I got out my cookbooks, looking for something to bake. In 1965 when I was newly married, I bought a copy of the Betty Crocker Cookbook, and have used it regularly ever since. Now the covers are off and the pages are dog eared. I haven’t taken it out for awhile, but last night I found the recipe for a favorite cookie, and here it is:

Snickerdoodles

1 cup margarine

1 ½ cups sugar

2 eggs

2 ¾ cups flour

2 teaspoons cream of tartar

1 teaspoon soda

¼ teaspoon salt.

Mix above ingredients together well. Roll into small balls. Then roll into a mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Place on baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in 400 degree oven.











No comments: