Thursday, September 13, 2007

Change
Just now we've had a change of seasons. A few days ago it was too hot and we needed the air conditioning. Suddenly the cooler weather is here. This morning the temperature is 46 degrees. I've started thinking about long sleeves and jackets. Trees are starting to change color and a few leaves are beginning to fall. My garden, though still full of red tomatoes and green beans, is starting to wind down. School began a couple of weeks ago. And I notice I'm feeling really good! I can work much better and think more clearly in the cooler months. I love to wear fleece. It's a great time of year!
I have a few projects in mind now. I always have a couple of knitted items on my needles. Right now it's a lace shawl and a Baby Surprise sweater. I have some sewing projects in the works. A wonderful novel I'm reading right now: A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini, about women's lives in Afghanistan. Such an excellent book, the best I've read in a long time. I'm back to exercise classes and have even joined pilates where all the students (and teacher) are half my age! From Monday through Thursday I'm seeing my students, kind and eager to learn, such a lovely group of people that I am privileged to teach. My little friend Ann Marie will visit me tomorrow and we will bake cookies together. Is there anything better than baking cookies with a child? We have a trip to New York next week to visit with Matthew and his parents plus we will get to see the other grandchildren as well in the weeks to come.
Life is good.


No comments: