Saturday, March 29, 2008


Every spring I watch for the crocus to come up. This year spring is very late. Patches of snow are still on the ground. On the east side of my house I could see crocus blooming this morning and it makes me very happy. We've had a very cold and snowy winter and finally maybe spring is on its way. This morning my friend Dee and I took a long walk in the country, walking fast for 70 minutes. It felt so good to be outdoors and enjoying the sunshine. We began our walk with caps and mittens but soon became warm.









Here is my student Mitsuko and her beautiful daughter Momoko who came to say goodbye because they were moving to Houston. We will miss them.





Here is my new little friend Sakiho enjoying her lunch. Isn't she cute?


I am very excited because tomorrow I'll be traveling. First I will see my old friend Karen, who was my roommate in college many years ago, now living in Connecticut but visiting in Michigan for a few days. Next I will go on to Steve and Marta's house. This is spring break week for many Michigan schools; I will enjoy time with Gabriel while his parents are at work. Then at the end of the week, we will go on to Chicago to see Scarlett and her parents. I'm hoping for mild weather so we can spend some time outdoors at the park with each grandchild.

No comments: