Monday, May 07, 2007


Little Ballerina

Here's Scarlett modeling a little sweater that Cathy, her mother, knit for her. My daughter Cathy loves to knit as much as I do (maybe more!) When Cathy was maybe 10 years old, I taught her to knit. She worked on a simple scarf but I can't remember if it was actually finished. Then when she was expecting Scarlett, she took it up again, remembered what I had taught her, and soon was adding to her skills. Knitting fits into her life (and mine) very well because it fills odd moments with a useful activity. There is something to do while riding in the car, waiting for an appointment, watching TV, etc. This little sweater is from yarn left over from a project Cathy made for herself. Scarlett's other grandmother who lives in South Korea was formerly a ballerina and a ballet teacher. Scarlett shows talent in this area; when she walks, she carries herself very gracefully plus if she hears music, she's up and dancing!

No comments: