Saturday, December 02, 2006

Sugar Drop Cookies
Here's a very easy cookie recipe. I found it years ago on a baking soda package. I think I started making it when I was newly married over 40 years ago. Sometimes I put a walnut on top and other times I put chocolate chips; also they can be baked plain or sprinkled with colored sugar for the holidays.

Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) butter or margarine (I use margarine)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg.
Put the butter or margarine in a large microwave bowl, heat for one minute until margarine melts. Add sugar, vanilla, and egg and mix together. Then add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix very well. Put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Form into 1 inch balls, press on a greased cookie sheet, and flatten. Add walnut if desired. Bake in a 400 degree oven about 8 or 9 minutes until a little browned on the outside.
These are very nice with a cup of coffee or tea!

No comments: