Thursday, July 09, 2009


It's been a while since I blogged so I guess I have a little catching up to do here. We traveled so much in the spring that recently I've been enjoying lazy summer days at home. Our garden is doing well; I've been taking long walks usually during the morning; I've been knitting and reading, not accomplishing so much but just enjoying every day.
Last week we spent a day at Shipshewanna, a beautiful Amish community in the north of Indiana. You can learn more about Shipshewanna here. It is known for the beautiful farmland and countryside, hard working people with a cultural difference from mainstream America, and restaurants with delicious home cooked meals. We happened to be there on a flea market day so it was interesting walking around and looking at everything. It is a very nice place to spend a day.

No comments: