Wednesday, August 20, 2008

At the Library with GrandpaHere's Grandpa and Gabe at the library last Saturday afternoon reading a magazine and enjoying some time together.

The library has always been one of my favorite places. All those fascinating books are just waiting to be read! I'll never have enough time to read them all but I try to read at least 50 books a year. Reading gives me a chance to experience places and situations , and also explore and learn interesting facts about all kinds of things, adding a dimension to life that otherwise could not be had.

If I can see my grandchildren have similar experiences with reading, it will be very satisfying. There is a wonderful library not so far from Gabe's house. It has a large children's area with a tree, tables, playhouse, areas where it's fine to quietly share a book or magazine with a child. We love to go there.

No comments: